We’re home to expert care for patients with Medicare.
At UT Health Verde Hills, maintaining your health is our number one priority. That’s why our entire health care team is interested in getting to know the real you. Here, we know your hobbies, your story, your smile, your concerns. We also know your average blood pressure, glucose levels, latest lab results and when you need to be scheduled for your next immunization.
It’s easy to become overwhelmed and frustrated when navigating today’s complicated health care landscape—especially when you see many different doctors. So, we’ve designed a program that prioritizes our patients who use Medicare insurance. It all starts with meeting one of our primary care providers and getting to know the person who will work to keep you healthy.
It is our privilege to provide you with high-quality health care that is centered around you. Keep enjoying your busy, full life. Our team will be here, busy at work, ensuring you are taking the right medications, reviewing notes from the last appointment you had with your specialist and making certain you are up-to-date on all of your annual health screenings.
Request your appointment using the form on this page, or call 210-450-6530.
24/7 Access to your Medical Records with MyChart
All patients receive a free login to our secure Mychart website. MyChart puts your medical records at your fingertips. Submit prescription refills, request appointments and send messages directly to your health care team. MyChart can be used from a computer and from an app on your mobile phone or tablet.
About Medicare Wellness Visits
Medicare covers two types of wellness visits. Both are a free benefit for all patients who have Medicare.
1. Welcome to Medicare Visit
Your comprehensive Welcome to Medicare occurs when you are brand new to Medicare. This visit includes:
- Height, weight and blood pressure measurements
- A calculation of your body mass index
- A simple vision test
- A review of your potential risk for depression and your level of safety
- An opportunity to talk with your provider about creating advance directives
- A written plan letting you know which screenings, shots and other preventive services you need.
2. Annual Wellness Visit
Your annual wellness visit occurs every year following your Welcome to Medicare Visit. It is not an annual physical—it is a regular strategy session that helps you and your health care team design an ongoing plan intended to keep you healthy, safe and independent for a long time. This visit allows you and your physician to update a prevention plan based on your current health status and risk factors. Your annual wellness visit includes:
- A review of your medical and family history
- An opportunity to develop or update Developing or updating your list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure and other routine measurements
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options specific to you
- A screening schedule (similar to a checklist) for appropriate preventive services